Please visit our website for the video of our latest webinar.
Also on our website are links to the recent Environmental Health Trust/Children’s Health Defense v FCC decision, BBILAN’s amicus brief of the Building Biology Institute in support of EHT/CHD, and their original complaint.
BBILAN and the Healthy Heavens Trust Initiative
Invites you to Join
The BALANCE Group
Special Introductory Webinar For New Members
Monday August 23, 10:00 am PDT, 1:00 pm EDT
Are you concerned that massive satellite and wireless networks need further study? The Balance Group exists to provide a balanced approach to solving large, systemic issues concerning existing and proposed man-made systems and their impact on the human condition and the environment at large. it is easy to join, participate and make a real difference:
WHO: Balance Group Members Only
WHAT: The Balance Group Webinar for New Members
- Exclusive report: Risk profiles on key existing and planned satellite and wireless networks.
- Balance Group Mission Statement recap.
- Early Results (prior to public release) on Balance Group Research & Development and Advocacy Initiatives.
WHEN: Monday, August 23, 2021, 1:00 pm Eastern (10:00 am Pacific)
HOW: All Balance Group Members will be emailed a calendar invitation and participation link. Not yet a member of the Balance Group? It is free and takes 5 seconds.
Join The Balance Group
Legal Ethics in the Wireless Age: Time for Change?
Wednesday, September 15, 10:00 am PDT
A robot is a type of automated machine without a Heart that can execute specific tasks with little or no human intervention and with speed and precision. Is a corporation a legal robot?
The purpose of this Ringside Seat format webinar is to take a hard look at generally unasked questions of attorneys’ professional responsibility to corporate clients in the Age of 5G, AI, Internet of Things, and the Commercial Space Grab.
- What is an attorney’s professional duty, if any, when a client is engaged in anti-social and sociopathic behavior?
- Is it ethical for a lawyer to take advantage of a victim’s poverty and inability to finance his defense, and thereby place him in mortal danger?
- As officers of the court, how forthright and truthful must attorneys be in submitting evidence that is based on false and misleading statements encouraged by government agencies themselves?
- Given the 2017 ABA Report on Wellness in the Legal Profession, which documents the high percentage of burnout, drug and alcohol addiction, and suicide among lawyers, what price in compromised mental and emotional health are attorneys willing to pay in justifying actions in support of anti-social behavior by clients–when their own conscience might counsel them to advise their clients otherwise? Is an attorney’s unwillingness to attend to his or her own health, impaired by consistently supporting anti-social behavior of clients, a violation of an attorney’s own professional responsibility to deliver wise and effective counsel in the best interest of a client?
- Is a corporation’s sole responsibility to increase its profits and to put money in the pockets of its shareholders? How can lawyers reconcile the narrowly defined Codes of Professional Responsibility with today’s growing mandate for corporate social and environmental responsibility?
- We do not contend or assume that there’s only one “right,” “socially acceptable,” “ethical,” and “scientifically correct” position on these complex, controversial, and unsettled issues. Yet, as attorneys, what can we practically do to help our clients avoid human and environmental tragedies, and encourage advances in science, technology, and economic development that will contribute to true prosperity and happiness in an uncertain and conflicted world?
Moderator: Doug Wood, Co-Founder, Americans for Responsible Technology (approval pending)
- Julian Gresser, Of Counsel Swankin & Turner, Washington DC. Co-Founder, Broadband International Legal Action Network (BBILAN) and The BALANCE Group
- Robert Berg, Attorney, Member BBILAN and The BALANCE Group
- Joe Sandri, Attorney, Co-founder The BALANCE Group
- Dr. Brian Moench, Author: Death by Corporation, former faculty member Harvard Medical School
- Melissa Allain, Attorney, California Lawyers Association
- James S. Turner, Founder Swankin & Turner, Co-founder The BALANCE Group
- Professor Peter Murray, Harvard Law School
- Professor Robert Lutz, Southwestern Law School, ABA Panel on International Ethics
Ringside Seat Format: Our goal is to present vigorously and fairly clashing perspectives—in this instance the perspective of victims of EMF radiation over-exposure, public interest organizations and the perspective of the wireless carriers and cell phone companies. Julian Gresser will present the former position; Robert Berg, an experienced corporate attorney and litigator, will advance the industry lawyer’s perspective. The panelists will serve as jury, judges, and inquisitors who will refine and deepen the discussion.
- Dr. Brian Moench — Death by Corporation: Killing Humankind in the Age of Monster Corporations and The Great Brain Robbery: Why Women Have Become Smarter Than Men–Science With an Attitude
- Julian Gresser — The Art of Human Centered Lawyering