- This event has passed.
Global Network 31st annual conference via Zoom: Latest developments on war via space
September 7 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
9:00am – 11:00am (NY time)
2:00pm – 4:00pm (UK)
3:00pm – 5:00pm (Central European)
8:30pm – 10:30pm (New Delhi)
10:00pm – 12:00pm (Tokyo)
11:00pm – 1:00am (Sydney)
• Bruce Gagnon serves as Coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space (GN). He lives in Brunswick, Maine. Panel discussion moderator
• Tamara Lorincz is a PhD candidate in Global Governance at the Balsillie School for International Affairs at Wilfrid Laurier University in Canada. She’s a member of the Canadian Voice of Women for Peace and serves on the board of the GN. Subject: Censorship Industrial Complex – How NATO, national intelligence services and universities coordinate and weaponize information
• Ray McGovern was an Army infantry/intelligence officer and served as a CIA analyst for 27 years, from the administration of John F. Kennedy to that of George H. W. Bush. Ray’s duties included chairing National Intelligence Estimates and preparing the President’s Daily Brief. He lives in North Carolina. Subject: US Missile Bases in Poland & Romania – ‘Cuban Missile Crisis in Reverse’
• Juyeon Rhee has been a member of New York-based Nodutdol for Korean Community Development since 2000. She is also a board member at Korea Policy Institute, and also a steering committee member of Tongil Peace Foundation. She holds multiple memberships with overseas Korean organizations supporting peace and reunification work. Subject: US-NATO expansion into the Asia-Pacific
• Lisa Savage is a retired educator, organizer, and past candidate for the U.S. Senate in 2020. She lives in Solon, Maine and blogs at https://went2thebridge.substack.com Subject: Declining Empire Chases Fading Dream Of Full Spectrum Dominance
• Christian Sorensen is a New England-based researcher and independent journalist in the US mainly focused on the corporations profiting from war. An Air Force veteran, he is the author of the book Understanding the War Industry. He serves on the advisory board of the GN. Subject: How corporations form the backbone of space militarization?
• Professor Em. Dave Webb is the Convener of the GN board of directors. He is a retired university engineering professor who switched to Peace and Conflict Studies. He was chair of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) in the UK and is chair of the Yorkshire Region CND and a patron of the UK group Scientists for Global Responsibility. Subject: The drive to militarise & weaponise space
Registration required – register here.